HI. My name is Tony Curl and I have a real concern with the State of Men's Health. I know so many of my friends and mates, and see hundreds of others that carry that extra weight around their guts. The badge of honour called a Beer Gut. Unhealthy is a nice way to say it. An absolute killer is another. I want everyone to know my story and for you to realise that YOU can change your life and improve your health. Transform your life, all you need is the desire to change.
Please read MY STORY first, then click through the pages. Would love to hear from others and only too willing to help anyone who takes the step to help themselves. Overall I have lost over 29kg, transformed my life and now have kept it off for over twelve months. The proof that you can still drink beer and transform your body.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sadly Lacking Trust on Nutritionists

I believe that one of our biggest roles as individuals is to read and educate ourselves, form opinions, make decisions and live a principled life.When the opportunity presents themselves, we take the chance to educate and influence others. I read up on the various forms of diet and nutrition and the one that really does sit with me is the philosophy of the HUNTER/GATHERER. This just rings true. I read the stats on obesity and the absolute increased consumption of the Western Diet AND SUGAR, and I can put two and two together to believe that sugar has played a major role in making everyone fatter.

As part of my ongoing research, I have recently joined Raisin Hell, the blog put together by David Gillespie, the author of Sweet Poison. I have also joined his forum. On the forum, and blog, David is attacked by a nutritionist called Chris Forbes- Ewan. Now personally, I have nothing against nutritionists, but Chris has attacked Gillespie and his assertions on sugar, especially Fructose, and toed the nutritionist line that everything is ok in moderation and that scientific evidence has now shown conclusively that Fructose is the criminal. Gillespie worst crimes, appear to be that he isn't a nutritionist and that he has "selectively" used tests etc. I will let you form your own mind on that. Chris, also claims sugar is not addictive......Once again, you be the judge.


While Gillespie is not a nutritionist, he has conducted his own case study on fructose. ON HIMSELF. He is also now seeing other test results on others. This body of evidence mounts, and when nutritionist and the scientists and all the experts start to take these "human trials" seriously, is when we will start to see some action on the obesity epidemic. Geoff Jowett  and the Bodytrim crew, have mounting evidence that their program works to arrest obesity and Diabetes 2, and in the future it is hoped that Gillespie and Jowett are remembered as those brave enough to take on this crisis.

I must state that I have taken on board much of what David has written in Sweet Poison and the Sweet Poison Quit Plan. However, I don't agree with everything and this has been based on personal experience. Again, this is my role to play, acquire knowledge and educate myself to be better placed to maintain my weight. I will discuss on tomorrow's post, what parts of Sweet Poison Quit Plan I won't be doing.

P.S. The comments from Chris, were in response to a blog note from David, which was in return a response from Chris on a TV show, which in turn was a response from David on the same TV show. To be fairm Chris takes up a fair weight of the blog note, and David doesn't respond directly much, but his supporters do. Find the Blog Note http://www.raisin-hell.com/2010/01/attack-of-chocolatier.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post a comment or ask a question.