HI. My name is Tony Curl and I have a real concern with the State of Men's Health. I know so many of my friends and mates, and see hundreds of others that carry that extra weight around their guts. The badge of honour called a Beer Gut. Unhealthy is a nice way to say it. An absolute killer is another. I want everyone to know my story and for you to realise that YOU can change your life and improve your health. Transform your life, all you need is the desire to change.
Please read MY STORY first, then click through the pages. Would love to hear from others and only too willing to help anyone who takes the step to help themselves. Overall I have lost over 29kg, transformed my life and now have kept it off for over twelve months. The proof that you can still drink beer and transform your body.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Using the Tools

I am starting to build a huge knowledge base around health and well-being. Bodytrim gave me success, Sweet Poison gave me even more information on the dangers of sugar and sweeteners, while I have also been reading up on calorie counting. Some of the knowledge base conflicts with others, and that is where your own best judgement comes in.

I follow a moderate protein and low carb regime. By it's nature this means low sugar. So I already live in the Sweet Poison world, to a large degree. David Gillespie in Sweet Poison Quit Plan, places the blame squarely on sugar, and the disruptive impacts this has on our own control mechanisms. Our body has perfectly good control functions that tell us when we have had enough to eat, and based on this, David suggests that almost everything can be eaten as long as it doesn't contain sugar or more specifically fructose. We will regulate intake. I like this in theory, but my concern would be that we have been over-riding these mechanisms for years, so I am not sure I can trust myself.

It is suggested that pies and beer are OK for us within the Sweet Poison Quit Process. I love both of these, but do I trust myself and my own control mechanisms. Not on your life. So where does this leave me.

I will continue my predominately Bodytrim way of eating, but will largely remove all sugar (fructose) and sweeteners from my diet. I will maintain focus on at least four Alcohol Free Days, and still have a larger carbohydrate day over the weekends. Doing this will be achievable and sustainable and couple with daily walks and resistance exercises, should allow me to lead a energetic Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post a comment or ask a question.