HI. My name is Tony Curl and I have a real concern with the State of Men's Health. I know so many of my friends and mates, and see hundreds of others that carry that extra weight around their guts. The badge of honour called a Beer Gut. Unhealthy is a nice way to say it. An absolute killer is another. I want everyone to know my story and for you to realise that YOU can change your life and improve your health. Transform your life, all you need is the desire to change.
Please read MY STORY first, then click through the pages. Would love to hear from others and only too willing to help anyone who takes the step to help themselves. Overall I have lost over 29kg, transformed my life and now have kept it off for over twelve months. The proof that you can still drink beer and transform your body.

Monday, November 1, 2010

More on Sweet Poison

After completing David Gillespie's Sweet Poison: Why Sugar is Making Us Fat I chased up his next book, The Sweet Poison Quit Plan.  Now the knowledge that David provides is exceptional, as he battles through the different types of sugars, and also the effects that Artificial Sweeteners have. It has opened my eyes up on a number of fronts especially in the INGREDIENTS panels on the food we eat. I was taught through Bodytrim, to read and analyse the Nutritional panel on each of the foods we consume. So in many ways, I was already living a low sugar lifestyle, due to the low carb lifestyle. What David has now taught me, is to read the ingredients as well, as they list up some of the more harmful "sugar substitutes" like Sorbitol. To my shock, the "sugar free" gum and mints that I have become accustomed to chewing and munching on, was having a similar effect as what fructose would have on me.....One again, all I can suggest is read the book, David writes in a practical way, tinged with humour. It is easy reading and nothing to be scared of. Worst case scenario, is it provides you with more knowledge than what you had before.

The sugar in beer is maltose, which does metabolise to Glucose, so it is OK. Just don't drink a dozen schooners every day...and maybe just stick to my golden rule, of at least four AFD's a week, preferably five.

Some more links to check out.

Sweet Poison Web Site
Sweet Poison Facebook
Sweet Poison Forums

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post a comment or ask a question.