HI. My name is Tony Curl and I have a real concern with the State of Men's Health. I know so many of my friends and mates, and see hundreds of others that carry that extra weight around their guts. The badge of honour called a Beer Gut. Unhealthy is a nice way to say it. An absolute killer is another. I want everyone to know my story and for you to realise that YOU can change your life and improve your health. Transform your life, all you need is the desire to change.
Please read MY STORY first, then click through the pages. Would love to hear from others and only too willing to help anyone who takes the step to help themselves. Overall I have lost over 29kg, transformed my life and now have kept it off for over twelve months. The proof that you can still drink beer and transform your body.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sugar : The Enemy

I was listening to author, David Gillespie on the radio this week and he was providing information to the listeners on his book "Sweet Poison". He has become a leading advocate that sugar is the biggest cause of obesity in the world today. He makes a lot of sense. The body needs the glocose part of sugar, but cannot process the other parts of sugar and just stores it as fat. He talked about Dextrose being just the glucose part of sugar and can be a substitute for sugar in the most part.

This backs up a statement that Geoff Jowett, the founder of Bodytrim, once made to me. He also believes that sugar is the enemy, amongst other things. He once told me that he found it interesting that Coke brought out Diet Coke, some 20 odd years ago. Thinking back, he believes that Coke must have known that sugar was increasing the obesity epidemic, as Coke itself contains NO FAT. So to make their Diet Coke, they took out the sugar.

He also stated that BEER is made from another sugar extract, (as well as from dextrose) which I believe I heard rightly was maltose. (I do stand to be corrected) Therfore in the main, the bad part of sugar is not the reason people get fat from beer. It is the toxins and caloric excess associated with beer, which does put weight on heavy drinkers.

 We speak about AFD's of which you need a minimum of four each week and a nutrition and exercise regime, which enables everybody to be able to share a few beers each week with friends and family.

Please note, the name of the blog is "You can Drink Beer and Lose Weight. It isn't "You can drink beer EVER DAY and Lose Weight" or "You can guzzle beer, get hopelessly hammered, and lose weight" You still need some discipline. But focus and belief will enable you to have a better and fitter life, as well as being able to enjoy life's simple pleasures on a weekend.

1 comment:

Please feel free to post a comment or ask a question.