HI. My name is Tony Curl and I have a real concern with the State of Men's Health. I know so many of my friends and mates, and see hundreds of others that carry that extra weight around their guts. The badge of honour called a Beer Gut. Unhealthy is a nice way to say it. An absolute killer is another. I want everyone to know my story and for you to realise that YOU can change your life and improve your health. Transform your life, all you need is the desire to change.
Please read MY STORY first, then click through the pages. Would love to hear from others and only too willing to help anyone who takes the step to help themselves. Overall I have lost over 29kg, transformed my life and now have kept it off for over twelve months. The proof that you can still drink beer and transform your body.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Good Week Down, Another one Coming Up

Well Team, I had a good week last week, 90% compliant in food and my AFD's. Feeling great going into this week, and feel certain to again be back on track. One of my best mates Stuey, has joined the crusade and has dropped three kilos over a couple of weeks and is looking and feeling good. Workouts and back to me daily walks have contributed to my overall feeling of well-being.

At my State Conference on Thursday our guest speaker was Dr Feelgood from radio and tv fame, who talked about the health and well-being of us. She pointed us in the direction of some good resources, and I thought I would share one of them here. It's simply called "The Right Mix" and had been provided by the Federal Govt.
  1. Don't Drink on an Empty Stomach
  2. Set a limit on your drinking time and the amount you spend on alcohol
  3. Start with a juice and soft drink to quench your thirst
  4. Choose a light beer and or low-alcohol drinks
  5. Drink slowly and don't top up drinks
  6. Refill your own glass
  7. Have water or other drinks in between alcholic drinks
  8. Pace your drinking with someone who drinks slower than you
  9. Do something while you drink, play pool , play cards etc
  10. Have regular alcohol free days each week.

Now I know, my blog is called, "You can drink beer and lose weight" and it is designed to give some hope that you can lose weight and still enjoy a beer. Read my survival tips and you will learn my story and rules. Don't let alcohol control your life though, but you can enjoy in moderation, be fitter, stronger and simply better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post a comment or ask a question.