HI. My name is Tony Curl and I have a real concern with the State of Men's Health. I know so many of my friends and mates, and see hundreds of others that carry that extra weight around their guts. The badge of honour called a Beer Gut. Unhealthy is a nice way to say it. An absolute killer is another. I want everyone to know my story and for you to realise that YOU can change your life and improve your health. Transform your life, all you need is the desire to change.
Please read MY STORY first, then click through the pages. Would love to hear from others and only too willing to help anyone who takes the step to help themselves. Overall I have lost over 29kg, transformed my life and now have kept it off for over twelve months. The proof that you can still drink beer and transform your body.

Monday, November 28, 2011

AWOL

Team,
Sorry I have been a bit AWOL recently. I hope this post will explain some of the reasons and I also hope that it provides some inspiration for what you can achieve once you have really committed to the BT lifestyle.

My life is at constant upheaval at the moment with huge moments of bittersweet. Over the last few weeks I have had the following:
- My 20th Wedding Anniversary
- My mum being put into palliative care with cancer on the liver, bowel, stomach and lungs
- My daughter graduating from High School

- My daughter going to "Schoolies"
-The month before I changed stores in my workplace....
-On the 20-11-2011 I celebrated my 46th birthday.

So many times of pure joy, combined with the sad fact of watching my mum fade away daily. As I write this, my fears are that mum is unlikely to see the weekend. Cancer is such a horrible disease, and just robs people of their dignity as they just waste away. I am really proud of mum, as last week we arranged her funeral with her and the wonderful people from White Lady Funerals, but since then the desire to live has just diminished, to the point where today she just said, she wanted it over....

Which brings me to my next point. I turned 46 on Sunday. Oh how I wish I could get the "fat years" back. I weigh what I did when I left school, and have so much more energy now than what I did ten years ago. So while my 'challenge" has been severely disrupted and unorganized, my adherence to the BT lifestyle has ensured that my weight has remained constant. Thank god for BT shakes, cookies and bars, as they have really been there to support me during this time. The BT life, once learned and lived helps support you through all of life's adventures and mis-adventures.

So, which brings me to my main point, I guess. BT has enabled me to live a life, that I hadnt for a large portion of may adult life. I was surfing on Saturday, with my 19 year old son Tim. "My Young Fella". While surfing, I couldnt help but thing how great life is, beautiful day, clean crisp waves, (although maybe a big bigger would have been nice) and thinking how BT has enabled me to enjoy life more. Geoff, himself, told me last year, once he had got the surfing bug back into his life, that he hadnt felt fitter or better within, than he did after surfing solid again.

So it got me thinking. Some people say, Live Life without Regrets.....easy to say, so much harder to do. I have plenty of regrets and they drive me to do the right thing time and time again. My regrets to me are clear. Wasted potential, taking the easy options. Let me explain.

When I was at primary school at Maroochydore, I surfed with a surfer called Gary Elkerton, who just happened to become the number two surfer in the world and one stage, and still an absolute legend in the surfing world. At high school, I played representative rugby league with a young fella called Allan Langer, who just quietly became one the game absolute greats. I also played cricket, and followed as first change bowler, to a fiery young red-head called Craig McDermott, who once again went onto to be a legend of the game. What-if!

SO REGRETS...I've had a few.....and the time for 'what-ifs" finished the day I made the decision to be a BTer. No more regrets for what I can and can't do. So life is throwing me some "curly" ones at the moment, but BT has given me the ability to face these challenges head-on.

So, I know I have said a heap here. I started BT February 09. In June 09, I got below 90kg for the first time in ten years I would guess. I have been well under that ever since. All due to BT. If ever you feel, that it gets hard, and the easy option might be to get that sugar fix, or have a Maccas meal, block of chocolate or whatever. Just remember, that once you take control of your life and learn and live the BT way.......you can face everything and you can forget the "what-ifs"in your life.

Today, I had a PO day! Its what I do.

Cheers Curly

PS. My mum passed away Saturday at 7.50am. Rest In Peace. Janice.

1 comment:

  1. Your courage at even being able to write on your blog impresses me, Curly. I, also am a BT winner and love it every time I meet someone who hasn't seen me for a year or 2. But, I also remember the days, weeks and months after my father died. He loved his booze, yet was one of those lovely, mellow, book- reading, chess-playing intellectual drunks who had been a post-WW2 refugee. He fell in love with my beautiful glamorous mother who died early with secondary brain cancer after having 3 daughters. His life was stuffed, but he battled on. After his sudden death, I couldn't do anything that wasn't planned out. I went back to work as a Japanese teacher, but operated on less than50%. I couldn't even write on the board 4 weeks after his passing: my hands were shaking so much.
    The whole thing is so tied up with our history: weight gain, drinking, problematic relationships, lack of close family ties: most people can claim to have share in at least one or two.
    I'm just getting used to becoming more self-reliant. I've always had a man in my life, since I was 14. At 50, I turfed the few remaining hangers-on and decided it was up to me now. Still not very successful, but don't have to work to live, so I'm luckier than most. I wish you well. I'm hoping that your love and compassion for Janice won't fade, only those painful reminders and they do..eventually. Good luck with remaining a BT man; it's a brilliant system. I'm going to start a blog after catching yours. Good work, bro!
    Cheers, Kanaffa

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post a comment or ask a question.