HI. My name is Tony Curl and I have a real concern with the State of Men's Health. I know so many of my friends and mates, and see hundreds of others that carry that extra weight around their guts. The badge of honour called a Beer Gut. Unhealthy is a nice way to say it. An absolute killer is another. I want everyone to know my story and for you to realise that YOU can change your life and improve your health. Transform your life, all you need is the desire to change.
Please read MY STORY first, then click through the pages. Would love to hear from others and only too willing to help anyone who takes the step to help themselves. Overall I have lost over 29kg, transformed my life and now have kept it off for over twelve months. The proof that you can still drink beer and transform your body.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Biggest Loser

The Biggest Loser is now back on our screens, and you can't get away from the fact that this makes good television. I am once again sucked into it, and watched the first weigh-in today. I have already have my clear favourites, and the bloke voted out, Greg, already had irritated me to the extent that I am not unhappy to see him go. Whinges, excuses and inability to commit 100% were all the hallmarks of Greg. No wonder he is gone.

But what I don't like about this program, is the artificial atmosphere the contestants are put into. Everyone else DOES not have access to highly credentialed Personal Trainers and people planning food and exercise for you. Most people live in the real world. It is artificial and contrived....

The other area that gets up my goat, is how every contestant sees this as their last chance. Their personal resolve to lose weight outside of the show was negligible at best, and this was evidenced by the week that the trainers spent with each family......Now they are on the show, they talk about "who needs it most". Tonight we heard from a contestant about her mother having a triple by-pass heart surgery.....TWO YEARS AGO, and not wanting to die early for her children. Admirable, but what have you done over the last two years???? There are plenty of programs that work, but they need personal commitment and endeavor...And that is what the contestants lack.

The only person that can motivate you to change your life is YOU. TV Shows cannot, gyms cannot, friends and family cannot....The change must come from you. You cannot win without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post a comment or ask a question.